Our Sites:  RFQwork  :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Our YouTube

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratasys eeprom programmer

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IIRC I don't think it matters where they are. The paths to the EEPROM are absolute so will always be right. I think I made all the other paths relative to the executables so a long as you have write access then it should get the files from the original path, copy them to the directory where the executables are, process them and then put them back at the original place. You would do well to work it out because I write C like monkeys do Fourier transforms.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, here is everything from the root directory, latest version. I think it is all OK

doeprom.sh, line 66 needs the "echo" removing from the start of the line in order to make it actually write back to the eprom.

If you extract this to the /root folder tehn it should work straight away provided you have loaded the correct modules on boot and added it to make doeprom run on startup.

The raspi will boot and sit there, once you connect to an eprom it will rewrite it then sit waiting for it to be removed (that may take it a few minutes after you actually remove the eprom) it then shuts down. Do not remove the eeprom while the green LED is on (you can work out which colour is which LED from the doeprom.sh file).

frompi.zip

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, the c scripts need file in the /root/strat_bin/bin/ directory, unless that's modified to ruyn whereever I've got it.

When I try to get this to process data, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./bin/parse_binary.py", line 121, in <module>
    canister_serial_number = struct.unpack("<d", data[0x0:0x08])[0]
    struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8

Arg.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you using the one in the zip file above or the one from GIT?

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Versions and revisions

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Are you using the one in the zip file above or the one from GIT?
    I can only assume that, based on the fact that I have the zip file in my working directory, and comparing the "Date Modified" of the included files, that I'm using the zip file versions.

It looks to me like the "makeinput" script just reverses the serial number, and copies this into two files. "key" is left alone, while "strtstring" gets the SN sandwiched between " -d -m 5394D7657CED641D -u " and " -i ./eeprom -o eeprom2.bin", presumably for the purposes of being passed on to another script.

Which, upon looking at doeprom.sh, is borne out.
    inputstr_de=$(cat ./strtstring), then ./stratasys $inputstr_de

I can only assume that the stratasys executable then creates a file named "eeprom2.bin" for use by the python script
    ./parse_binary.py eeprom2.bin >> eedat
    ... and this is where the chain of events seems to get hung up:

File "./bin/parse_binary.py", line 121, in <module>
    canister_serial_number = struct.unpack("<d", data[0x0:0x08])[0]
    struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8

From a little light reading, it looks like a binary string of data is "unpacked" and formatted to hexidecimal.
    It's little-endian (<), and for the 'd' conversion code, the packed representation uses the IEEE 754 binary64 format.
    I'm guessing there may be some sort of problem I'm experiencing with the format of the binary string it's trying to use.

The python script then presumably converts the binary output to hexadecimal or formatted ascii,
    ./readeedat
    which is then processed and written out to a file name "outstring" [same as strtstring, only with SN incremented, material qty reset to full, and mfr dates made current]

outputstr=$(cat ./outstring)

This then gets processed by another python script to provide the data which is then written back onto the EEPROM
    ./create_binary.py $outputstr

I'll likely be spending the day sifting through all the different methods and versions and revisions, and trying to make it all hang together and function on my laptop.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are using just things from the zip then it should be OK on the Raspberry pi. If you are trying to use it somewhere else then you do not want what is above, you want the one from here: https://github.com/bvanheu/ and throw everything else away.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The error you refer to above is related to an original bug in the later versions of the encrypt where it will not work on certain computers due to a string limit. According to the author he has fixed it but if you are experiencing the bug then he clearly hasn't. If you are experiencing the bug on the ZIP file I posted then I think you need to use another computer. The author does know what the bug is but he cannot reproduce it himself, he is relying on other people to tell him about it. I had that bug and allowed him to come into my Pi and try to sort it which he reckons to have done but my Pi does not show that bug on the older software which is why I included it in the ZIP file. If you have the bug no matter what versions you are using then you will not fix it, it is related specifically to the computer you are using. << My understanding of it.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, well, after a heck of a lot of figuring, and a lot of editing and testing, I'm down to the stage where I get a bad CRC check.

first -
    about your fprintf (outfile, " -d -m 5394D7657CED641D -u "); command.
    Is that just a known good machine number?

then there's the question of what
    for (a=7; a>=0; a--)
    {
    fprintf (outfile, "%.2x", id_s[a]);
    fprintf (keyfile, "%.2x", id_s[a]);
    }
    does to my hexidecimal serial number.
    I thought it was just reversing the order, so that N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8 became N8N7N6N5N4N3N2N1, but maybe notsomuch.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are looking in the wrong files. Those lines not from files in the zip file.

Just delete it all and unzip the file I posted.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, Got everything to work in terms of reading, processing, and writing data back onto the chip.
    Something's wrong because the machine gives a "cannot read material" error.
    When I write the original data back onto the chip, it works fine.

Is there any way to do diagnostics on the quality of the data I'm writing to the chip?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information