Our Sites:  RFQwork  :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Our YouTube

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratasys eeprom programmer

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The machine does that if you have the wrong type of cartridge in, ie. support in the model slot or vice versa. If you are sure that it is in the correct slot then it must be wrong in the eeprom.

Look in the "material" file to see if it is what you expect.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just using what was originally on the EEPROM, but I changed it and it looks like it's happy and working now!
    Have you ever rewritten a _Support Cartridge_ EEPROM? Is there anything specific that distinguishes Support form a regular Material cartridge?
    Thanks!

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The type of material is different. Using what I posted it doesn't matter because it just changes the cartridge to 100% and increases the serial number, all other information stays the same so it will work for any cartridge unless you want to swap the slots on the printer then you have to get a bit more involved.

You would normally only want to do that if, for example, you wanted to do a two colour print and therefore needed ABS in the bottom slot.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off- Thank you both so much for all your information in this post. I have a Rasp-Pi successfully rewriting my empty material chips to full.

Have either of you successfully rewrote a support chip? I have a 1200es and while everything seems to work perfect with the printer material cartridges, I get a "Not valid" when trying to rewrite a support cartridge.

All I've really done so far is to check and see what material is being written to the machine is check /strat_bin/bin/material which shows "ABS_SS"

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sn34ks View Post
    First off- Thank you both so much for all your information in this post. I have a Rasp-Pi successfully rewriting my empty material chips to full.

Have either of you successfully rewrote a support chip? I have a 1200es and while everything seems to work perfect with the printer material cartridges, I get a "Not valid" when trying to rewrite a support cartridge.

All I've really done so far is to check and see what material is being written to the machine is check /strat_bin/bin/material which shows "ABS_SS"
    The problem is probably that the "machine type" is incorrect. It was done for the SST768. That is just a first guess assuming tht the machine type is different for each of the two machines, it may be correct but you can check by looking in the PY files.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    The problem is probably that the "machine type" is incorrect. It was done for the SST768. That is just a first guess assuming tht the machine type is different for each of the two machines, it may be correct but you can check by looking in the PY files.
    Right now I am using the " -m 5394D7657CED641D -u "- do you have any suggestions on another one to try? I read the prodigy is the closest match to mine.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are using it as posted then you have a directory called savedEE. That saves all eeprom files. Go into there and then into the directory for the serial number of the eprom and put the oldest (lowest serial number) back onto your eprom then try it. That makes it as it was originally and it will prove / disprove a problem other than the eprom.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If you are using it as posted then you have a directory called savedEE. That saves all eeprom files. Go into there and then into the directory for the serial number of the eprom and put the oldest (lowest serial number) back onto your eprom then try it. That makes it as it was originally and it will prove / disprove a problem other than the eprom.
    I tried as you suggested to write them back, but I feel my inexperience in Linux may be the cause of the not valid message on the printer. While I didn't get any error messages writing original files to the chip, The printer see the chip as invalid.

The strange thing is I am able to rewrite the support chips to Material chips and the printer reads them fine (at 100%). I will keep playing with it and trying to better understand the code. For now, I am happy being able to restore material chips. I'm not sure you can even buy support material if I was able to get it working.

Unrelated to the above issue - did you ever have any issues adding the doeprom.sh in the rc.local? If I manually log into root and run doeprom.sh, everything runs perfectly. If I run the doeprom.sh script from rc.local, I get:

When Chip not connected:
    "ls: cannot access /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/23*: No such file or directory"
    When Chip Connected: "driver eeprom id name power subsystem uevent" (Folder contents?)

I'd love to get this working so I can make this a stand alone unit with a button.

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can change support to model then you are not using my script or something has gone wrong with my script. The script should only change the % full and the Stratasys serial number. If you can stick a support chip in there and have it work in the model slot then something is amiss.

These are your lines for rc.local. If you do not change directory first then it will not work.

cd /root
    /root/led.sh
    cd /root/strat_bin/bin
    ./doeprom.sh
    Have you made it with LEDs? If not then are you waiting long enough, it can sometimes take a while to write back the eprom and maybe you are removing the eprom too soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have another support material cartridge that you have not messed with? If so, does it work OK?

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I modified the script as a troubleshooting step when I converted it to a model chip. Instead of pulling material from the chip, I just wrote a it as black ABS.

When I run the doeprom.sh manually after boot, everything works 100% perfect. When I try it through rc.local, it will continually repeat "ls: cannot access /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/23*: No such file or directory" every second or so. I modified the LED script using Wiring Pi in doeprom.sh - I will try going back to your exact script and see if it will run on rc.local.\

In regards to the support chip, Yes. I have a part in the printer right now with a working support cartridge.

Are you still using the files from this forum post? or have you converted over to using these files? https://github.com/bvanheu/stratasys

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information